Sunday, September 23, 2007

So Much To Do, So Much To Say

I just posted my first two posts in almost a month, and I'm adding this one to the collection. The simple explanation for not posting more is that I've been very busy. I've had good intentions of making several posts about many different subjects, but I haven't found or made the time.

The first few weeks of school have gone well overall. I've been reminded of what an incredible amount of work there is to do at the beginning of the school year. I'm always overwhelmed at the start of every school year, and that feeling stays with me just about all school-year long.

Both of my parents were born this time of year, so within the first two weeks of school opening, I'm also getting together with each of them to celebrate their birthdays. I took my mom to see the play "Vanities" at the Open Space Cafe Theatre, and I took my dad to see Triad Stage's "Little Foxes." Both plays provided us great entertainment. Our community is incredibly fortunate to have these two theatres, as well as many others, each providing some amazing productions for our community to enjoy.

I also had a reunion at Oka T. Hester Park with the fifth- and sixth-grade students with whom I traveled to Australia for two weeks this summer (through People to People's Student Ambassadors program). Out of 30 students, 27 of them and their families were able to make the reunion, and we had a great time getting back together and reflecting on our shared travels together.

My brother also scheduled a big event this weekend: he got married in Savannah, Georgia. I took off Friday and Monday from work so that I could travel to and from the wedding and have some time to enjoy spending with my brother, my new sister-in-law, our families, and our friends. (I'm hoping to post some pictures soon and maybe some additional comments.)

There's a primary election coming up very soon (October 9th). All sorts of other news events have occurred. Some of them I would have liked to have commented on. Sooner or later, I hope to find the time to do so.

No comments: