Tuesday, October 30, 2007

This Weekend's Your Last Chance To See "Deathtrap"

This week is your last chance to see two great theatrical offerings in Greensboro: the Open Space Cafe Theatre's "Deathtrap" and Triad Stage's "Sleuth."

The Open Space Cafe Theatre finally has the front page of its new website up, just in time for its final three performances of "Deathtrap." (There's a 1982 movie version of "Deathtrap" that starred Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve.)

The OSC Theatre's last three shows of "Deathtrap" will be at 8:00 PM on Thursday, November 1st; Friday, November 2nd; and Saturday, November 3rd.

The theatre is small--if you've driven on Market Street between Holden Road and Spring Garden Road, you've passed by it. It's located at 4609 W. Market Street. (There's a coffee shop across the street. I'm not a coffee drinker, but the coffee shop has "Java" in its name, I believe.)

Tickets are $17.00 for students and seniors and $20.00 for everyone else. However, if you get together a group of 8 or more, you get $2.00 off each ticket. And if you're a college student, you can drop by the theatre 30 minutes before the show, and if there are any tickets left, you can get them for only $10.00.

Call 336-292-2285 to order your tickets for "Deathtrap." If the box office is not open, leave your name, how many tickets you need, the date you want to attend, and your phone number. For the three shows that I've already attended, the theatre's staff has been great about getting back in touch with me to confirm my ticket order.

I have not seen "Deathtrap" yet--I'm planning to see it this weekend--but if it's as good as the Open Space Cafe Theatre's last three productions ("The Mystery of Irma Vep," "Vanities," and "The Fantasticks"), then you're guaranteed to enjoy a great evening of entertainment there.

The theatre itself is casually intimate--it's small, and everyone's seated at small tables. Before the show and during intermission, you also have a chance to purchase drinks and desserts to take back to your table and enjoy during the show.

I highly recommend the Open Space Cafe Theatre. If you haven't already tried it, this weekend might be a great time to start. I hope your experience is as good as mine have been. (Let me know!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a member of the "Fantasticks" cast and a member of the "Deathtrap" cast - I just wanted to thank you for the excellent publicity and kind words. The Open Space Theatre deserves sold out houses and that will only happen with good word of mouth and informative bloggers!!! Thanks and keep it up - SUPPORT THE ARTS!!

SeymourHardyFloyd said...

Dear OSCT Cast Member,

I've called in an order for 11 tickets for Saturday's show--I'm bringing friends and family--and am really looking forward to seeing your performance of "Deathtrap." I've loved the Open Space Cafe Theatre's last three performances, including "The Fantasticks." Which part did you play?

Sincerely,

Hardy

Anonymous said...

OH THATS GREAT!!! You wont be disappointed - this show is TIGHT!! The set - directing and script are all super. I hope we can put some suspense into your Saturday!!!! See ya then!!!
Thanks again for the support - I have been printing these blogs off for the cast and crew - they have all been thrilled.

Oh - I was the "Mother" in Fantasticks....CLIP-CLIP-CLIP!!