Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hardy's Anime

For several of the 32 area high-school students traveling with us through the People to People Student Ambassador Program, Japan represented a dream destination, in part because of their love for Japanese anime and manga. We adults on the trip were less familiar with these artforms, but we too partipated in an anime seminar on our second day in Tokyo, where our journey began.

After some discussion and demonstrations on a dry-erase board, we each were provided a chin-and-nose template and markers on which to create our own anime character. As a non-artist, I was unsure of myself and intimidated by the assignment, but ultimately, I jumped in and produced my own creation.



One of the other adults told me that my creation reminded him of the Joker. I still haven't come up with a name for my character, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

3 comments:

Roch101 said...

Looks like a self portrait to me.

SeymourHardyFloyd said...

Hardly Hardy sounds almost as sweet as Suddenly Seymour. Named after H.R. Floyd, I didn't pick up Rockley, but I've always thought that would be a cool name to have.

Anonymous said...

Robert Reed, the dad from The Brady Bunch.